Perfectly-styled hair can make or break the look, whether you are heading out to a casual outing or a party. Having a hairdryer handy can be of great help when you need to style the hair quickly and look ready in minutes. The ideal hairdryer not only blows the hair dry but also helps you set it to the desired style with less effort. So if you have been thinking of getting a hairdryer, this post is for you.
In this Momjunction post, we give you a list of some of the best hairdryers for girls.
Points To Consider While Buying hairdryers
Here are some important points one must consider before purchasing a hairdryer.
- The technology used: There are different types of hairdryers based on the kind of technology used and how they function. Here is some info about them.
- Ionic: This helps in breaking down the water molecules faster and retains the moisture in the hair strands.
- Tourmaline: Hairdryers with the coating of tourmaline, which is a semi-precious gemstone, have minerals that help reduce the static on hair. Also, these dryers help seal the moisture to keep hair healthy and shiny.
- Ceramic: Hairdryers that use ceramic technologies aim at even heat distribution and emit mild heat that does not damage the hair.
- Noise reduction: These hairdryers incorporate the technology that lowers the noise produced by the blower.
- Touch cool: The technology used in these hairdryers ensures that the dryer body and its attachments remain cool when in use or after.
- Infrared: The tech ensures even distribution of heat that dries out the hair uniformly and protects the scalp from excess heat exposure.
- Wattage: It is an important aspect to check before buying hairdryers. The higher the wattage, the quicker it dries the hair. The wattage of most hairdryers is between 1,300 and 1,800. A dryer with higher wattage may be used for very thick or curly hair.
- Accessories/ Features: Some hairdryers come with accessories such as a diffuser (for controlling the frizz). They may also have features like a cool shot (cold air blow to set the hairstyle), auto shut off (turns on when picked up and turns off when put down), and swivel cord (preventing cord tangling) that make them user-friendly.
A hairdryer is an electrical appliance and should be used carefully to prevent any accidents. Next, we tell you how to use a hairdryer at home safely.
Tips To Use hairdryers Safely
For young girls, the dryer should be ideally used by the parents or any other adult at home. Older kids and teens should be instructed on how to use a hairdryer safely and must be monitored for safe usage.
- Do not put the hairdryer too near the hair but at a distance.
- Make sure to read the instruction manual carefully before using the hairdryer.
- After use, unplug the hairdryer and let it cool.
- Avoid using the hairdryer in places such as the bathroom or near the swimming pool. If the hair dryer falls into water, then do not pull it right away. Unplug the device first and then remove it.
- Unplug the hairdryer from the mains when it is not in use.
- Keep the power cord and the plug away from hot surfaces.
- To keep the dryer hair and lint-free, never block the air openings of the dryer.
- Do not keep the hairdryer on soft surfaces, such as a mattress or a cushion, while using it.
- Never leave a hairdryer unattended when it is plugged in.
Ensure that your child is following these safety measures and is aware of the dangers of using the hairdryer incorrectly.
Next, we list some of the top hairdryers for girls.
17 Best hairdryers For Girls
It could be a difficult task to choose the right hair dryer. However, the following list could make the task easy for you.
1. Revlon One-Step hairdryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush
This hot air brush from Revlon is designed with nylon pin and tufted bristles that help in detangling and improving the volume of hair. Its oval brush design helps in smoothing the hair and creating volume. The heat and speed settings of this hairdryer let you style your hair in different ways.
- Built with ION generator for faster drying
- Ceramic coating helps in even heat distribution
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- 6-feet cord for tangle-free and easy styling
- Some customers felt that the dryer and the hair becomes hot after using it for some time
2. Conair 1600 Watt Compact hairdryer
The Conair 1600W dryer is compact yet powerful enough to dry the hair faster. It comes with two heat and two speed settings to customize the hair drying experience and also style your hair as you like.
- Foldable handle for compact storage
- Comes with a dual voltage options for travel convenience
- Easy to use
- It comes with a 5-foot cord
- The cord is not retractable
3. Remington D3190 Damage Protection hairdryer
The damage protection hairdryer from Remington is designed to help you achieve healthier and shinier hair. Its 1875W powerful motor offers quick drying and less frizz, as well as flexible styling. Style your hair with precision with the concentrator and diffuser attachments it offers.
- Advanced coating technology offers three times more protection during styling
- Micro-Conditioner technology keeps the hair healthier
- Removable air filter for easy cleaning
- Three heat and two-speed settings for preferred hairstyling
- Combination of ceramic, ionic, and tourmaline technologies for fast drying
- Some customers felt that the attachments do not fit well to the blower
4. VASLON 1875W Lightweight Negative Ions Hair Blow Dryer
It is designed using the Direct ION technology that helps in reducing the hair frizz to make the hair silky smooth and manageable. This hair dryer comes with a two-speed and three-heat setting that aids in quick styling and drying the hair inside-out.
- Produces infrared heat for quick drying
- Lightweight and durable
- The built-in Ionic generator that emits negative ions to eliminate frizz
- Easy to clean
- Some customers felt that it is too noisy
5. Asani Professional hairdryer
This electric hairdryer from Asani comes with a powerful 1875W heating element as well as a concentrator nozzle. It helps you style your hair the way you like it, and dries the tresses in minutes without damaging them.
- Enhanced frizz-control technology
- Portable, lightweight, and compact
- A safety thermostat for reliable temperature regulation
- A removable filter
- Anti-leakage plug
- The on/off buttons are so closely placed it may turn on or off easily by your hand
6. JINRI 1875W hairdryer
This professional-grade blow dryer from JINRI offers high-power performance that works great for thick and long hair. Its negative-ion tourmaline function provides soft and smooth hair without any damage. Its two-speed and three-heat setting ensure faster hair drying and styling.
- Reduces frizz and static on hair
- Suits various hair types, such as straight, curly, thin, and thick hair
- ELT certified
- Removable air filter
- The controls are so closely placed that it may turn on/off easily with the slightest touch of the hand.
7. Deogra hairdryer for Kids
This mini hairdryer with cute cartoon designs is specially customized for smaller girls. At 1000W, it provides gentle heat to protect the hair from any damage. Also, it comes with a concentrator nozzle and diffuser that is compatible with different types of hair.
- Foldable design
- Auto shut-off option for protection when the temperature is too high
- Comes with a storage bag
- Only two temperature settings (high/low)
8. Conair MiniPRO Tourmaline Ceramic Styler/hairdryer
This hair dryer from Conair uses the tourmaline ceramic technology to offer a salon-like experience for hair styling. It uses a 1200W motor for quick drying and leaves the hair shiny and smooth. Its attachments include a diffuser and concentrator, which help you style the hair as preferred.
- Comes with dual-voltage feature for worldwide travel
- Travel pouch included
- Two heat/speed settings
- The dryer gets too hot after being used for some time
9. Wazor Tourmaline Ceramic hairdryer
The Wazor hair dryer is designed with tourmaline ceramic technology, wherein it emits natural ions to reduce the frizz and to promote healthier hair. It is a dual-purpose hairdryer that can be used at home as well as while traveling.
- Portable and foldable dryer
- Dual-voltage dryer
- Two heat/speed settings to customize hairstyles
- The cool shot button releases cool air to lock-in the hairstyle
- Grid-design for the filter protects any hair being drawn towards it
10. VAV 1000 Watts Travel hairdryer
The 1000W hairdryer from VAV is small yet powerful. It is suitable for children and perfect for traveling. Its ergonomic design helps create various hairstyles, and it’s safe, easy to use, and store.
- Compact and lightweight
- Two-speed setting
- Concentrator included
- Ergonomically-designed handle
- Best suitable for small girls
11. Osensia Professional hairdryer
Osensia hairdryer is a professional blow dryer made with advanced ceramic tourmaline technology. The ionic technology functions by emitting negative ions that reduce the frizz and make the hair soft and shiny.
- Three-heat setting controls
- Extra-long cord for maximum reach and a handy hook for hanging
- Two nozzle attachments that can help you style the hair in many ways
- Buttons are not appropriately placed on the handle as they come in the way while blow-drying the hair.
12. Babylisspro Nano Titanium Bambino Dryer
It is a 1000W tourmaline-titanium dual voltage hair dryer, which is apt for worldwide usage. It is infused with an ionic technology that negates the static electricity and leaves the hair shining. Also, its far-infrared heat dries the hair faster.
- Lightweight and compact
- Foldable handle
- Removable filter cover
- Easy to clean
- No cold-shot button
13. BaByliss Pro BABNT053T Nano Titanium Travel Dryer
This Babyliss Pro hairdryer is a powerfully built hairdryer infusing the Nano titanium technology. It comes with a dual-voltage feature that makes it compatible for traveling. Also, the Nanotechnology helps in offering a natural ion-generated shine to your hair.
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Foldable handle
- Removable filter
- Compact and convenient to use
- Only two temperature settings (high and low)
14. JINRI 1875W Ceramic Ionic hairdryer
This JINRI hairdryer is designed to offer a salon-like experience of hair drying at home. It is ergonomically designed to free the muscles from any strain and for styling flexibility. Also, it infuses ionic, ceramic technology that results in healthier and softer hair after drying.
- Two-speed and three-heating settings
- Far-Infrared heat and Ionic Ceramic technology
- Consistent airflow to dry thick and wavy hair in a few minutes
- Airflow concentrator nozzle for more focused airflow
- The speed and heat setting buttons are placed on the handle and can be accidentally switched on
15. Remington D5951 Ultimate Frizz Control hairdryer
This hair dryer from Remington is designed combining the Titanium and Ceramic technologies to offer the ultimate frizz control. The speed and heat settings provide great performance, and the dryer offers desired hairstyling experience with extensions such as the concentrator and diffuser.
- Seven times more frizz control
- Efficient heat transfer and fast drying
- 1875W max turbo drying power
- Cool shot feature to lock in the hairstyle
- The cord is a bit shorter
16. Revlon 1875W Frizz Control Travel hairdryer
It is an ionic styler from Revlon that helps reduce the frizz and allows faster drying. It comes with two heat and two speed settings to get the desired hair styling done, and the cool shot button helps lock the style. This 1875W dryer is great to carry while traveling.
- Foldable handle
- Concentrator included for styling and drying
- Lightweight and compact size
- Dual voltage hair dryer for worldwide use
- The dust trap at the back of the dryer cannot be removed for cleaning
17. Hello Kitty 1875 Watt Electric hairdryer (KT3052A)
This electric hairdryer from Hello Kitty is designed with 1875 Watts of drying power to offer smooth and shiny hair. The dryer body features Hello Kitty graphics. It comes with a detachable nozzle that lets you style the hair as desired.
- Dual-heat settings
- Cool shot button to lock the hairstyle
- Provides gentle heat
- Two-speed settings
- Ideal for small girls aged five to ten-years-old.
While a hairdryer can be extremely helpful when you need to quick-dry your hair, it may not be a good idea to use it too often. Also, a hairdryer is an electrical appliance that should be used by teenagers and older kids only under supervision. Invest in a hairdryer wisely, as the wrong variety could damage the child’s hair.
What features do you look for in a hairdryer? Let us know about them in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.
Latest posts by shreeja pillai (see all)
- 15 Best nursing pads to buy in 2019 – August 29, 2019
- 9 Best Nursing Pajamas To Buy in 2019 – August 28, 2019
- 200 Most Common Surnames Or Last Names In Germany – August 26, 2019
- 15 Best Drum Sets For Kids To Buy In 2019 – August 20, 2019
- 17 Best Hair Dryers For Girls To Buy In 2019 – August 7, 2019
- 15 Best Baby Winter Hats To Buy In 2019 – August 6, 2019
- 15 Best Guitars To Buy For Kids In 2019 – August 1, 2019
- 15 Best Water Tables To Buy For Kids In 2019 – August 1, 2019
- 11 Simple Tips To Improve Your Child’s Handwriting – July 31, 2019
- 21 Best Sports Shoes To Buy For Kids In 2019 – July 26, 2019