What is World Sleep Day?
Organized by the World Sleep Society, World Sleep Day is an annual event that’s intended to bring focus to the concept of healthy sleep, and bring awareness to important issues related to sleep, such as medicine, education, social aspects, and driving. Falling on Friday, March 18, World Sleep Day serves as a reminder that sleep is an essential human privilege that is unfortunately compromised by the demands and habits of modern life.
For World Sleep Day 2022, the theme and slogan is Quality Sleep, Sound Mind, Happy World. In determining the theme, the World Sleep Society hopes that individuals seek to understand how their quality of sleep affects their mental health, focus, productivity, mental and emotional well-being.
How Does Owlet Encourage Healthy Sleep Habits
At Owlet, we recognize how important sleep is for your baby’s overall growth and mood. Our products aim to not only encourage healthy sleep habits but also develop healthy sleep habits. Our award-winning technology lets you track sleep quality and movement, and provides insights into your Baby’s total hours slept, awake times, and overall sleep quality.
The Owlet app’s data is incredibly accurate, giving you a clear picture of how your baby sleeps. You can use this information to help your infant establish routines that he or she will like. After all, developing healthy sleep habits for infants depends largely on the consistency of their sleep routine.
Dream Lab, which comes included with every Dream Sock and Dream Duo purchase, is another resource that offers proven ways to build healthy sleep habits that support your child’s development. Designed for babies 4-12 months, Dream Lab is a convenient, online and interactive sleep training program designed specifically for your baby and you.
By utilizing step-by-step sleep plans and video tutorials on a number of parenting topics (such as sleep, feeding, postpartum adjustment, self-care, parenting support, and child development) both you and Baby will be experiencing better sleep in no time.
10 Fun Facts About Sleep
- Humans spend about a third of their life sleeping.
- 12% of people dream entirely in black and white.
- The World Record for the longest period without sleep is 11 days.
- It’s believed that about 15% of the entire population are sleepwalkers.
- Sleep deprivation can kill you quicker than food deprivation can.
- 50% of your dreams are forgotten within the first 5 minutes after waking up.
- Falling asleep takes 10-15 minutes on average. If it takes you less than 5 minutes to fall asleep, you may be sleep deprived.
- Humans are the only mammals that willingly delay their sleep.
- Being awake for 16 hours straight decreases your performance at the same rate as if your blood alcohol level were .05%.
- Dysania is a real condition that’s characterized by having difficulty getting out of bed in the morning.